Disability & Peer
At Unify, we have a comprehensive team of clinicians and practitioners that offer various disability and peer support services.
Disability support is all about supporting individuals in a variety of tasks to stimulate independence, personal, education and other growth. This can be done through gaining functional access into the community, assisting in therapeutic support strategies, developing personal skills, etc. In other words, the supports can be whatever you need them to be. For example, personal care and community access supports can involve the assistance of a disability support workers, whereas ongoing mentoring and personal skill development are areas peer support mentors support with.
Our Support Workers understand the importance of establishing long-lasting results with clients that aren't only contained within their place of residents, but also in their environment. This follows with the idea that no matter the diagnosis, condition or disability, individuals deserve and are encouraged to serve as adaptive, equal and productive members of their broader society and local community.
We take a very considered disability support approach:
- Our support workers are trained in managing complex behaviours as well as supporting individuals with a range of functional impairments.
- Our support workers are all individually screened to ensure a high quality of safeguards.
- Our support workers are considered as important members of the overall multidisciplinary care team.
- Our support workers are all qualified through their relevant education. Many of them also have years of lived and workplace experience.
- We aim to match participants with the most suitable support worker, based on participant preferences and needs. Meet and greets are always available
Have a question
Need service support
Unify has a wide industry connections bound to suit your needs. One of our consultants will be happy to point you in the right direction.